Monday, January 31, 2011

Felt wall hanging - Indian Elephant










I don't know why, but I am having special interest in all Indian crafts. I saw one of these at my friends house and I could not resist myself to make one more of the same kind.

It is a very easy craft. It needs cardboard (I used a gift box card board), red, green, yellow and some blue felt squares, golden color ribbon, mirrors, some sequins or kundan stones, red and blue woolen thread and some strong glue.

First draw the design on the cardboard and felt. Cut them precisely .
Glue the felt on  the card board. Decorate the borders with the golden color ribbon and blue woolen thread. Decorate inside with sequins and mirrors.


Take three similar sized red woolen threads and place them at equal distance on back of the ready cardboard. Cut one more set of cardboard  and glue this on top of the woolen thread , so it will hold the threads tightly in between the card boards.


Finally tie some beads at the end of the threads and enjoy this beauty full Indian elephant wall hanging.